For many recruitment businesses, an acquisition can provide a great deal of acceleration towards the owners’ end goals. We can advise on whether an acquisition is right for you, the attributes you should be looking for in a target and the price you should be paying.
We can work on acquisition mandates where we look at off market opportunities as well as those that are on the market. Please do get in touch either with Marie Pegram or James Price for a detailed discussion. In the meantime here are some “on the market” opportunities that caught our eye in recent weeks.
TYPE: Professional Services
UK REGION: UK Wide
TURNOVER: £1,290,000, Profit £245,000.
• Professional services recruitment specialist, providing permanent and temporary placements.
• An award-winning recruitment consultancy, dominant in the local professional services market. Headquartered in one of the top ten UK cities for employment growth, benefiting from world-class educational institutions and a thriving graduate market.
• Coverage of 13 key professional services sectors, including Legal, Accountancy and Marketing.
• Strong long-term relationships with high-profile clients across public and private sectors; estimated repeat-business rate of 90%.
• A profitable business, generating high margins.
• Significant potential for regional and national expansion.
TYPE: Medical Locums
UK REGION: UK Wide
TURNOVER: Current sales £830,000
• Run under management.
• Set for significant growth.
• National Clinical Staffing Framework in place, Master Vend agreement with a major NHS Foundation Trust in process.
• Ideal bolt on for existing player or ready made for operator seeking to enter this market.
UK REGION: South East
TURNOVER: Turnover of £14.8m with adjusted EBITDA of £1.3m. Following year projected turnover in excess of £18m with adjusted EBITDA of £1.6m.
• Recruitment in the construction sector for temporary, contract and permanent positions.
• Provides skilled labour for specialist roles, including both white collar and blue collar positions.
• Operates nationally, with long-standing client base.
• Experienced and retainable management team.
• Operates from two leasehold premises.
UK REGION: North West
TURNOVER: Revenue £1.9m; GP £365k; Adj. EBITDA £245k
• Specialist in contract & permanent technology staff adept in voice, data, networking: SDN/application centric infrastructure, LAN, WAN, wireless, unified communications, telecommunications, IT infrastructure, data centre/cloud, cyber & information security.
• Demonstrable business model set apart from competitors due to in depth screening & skills profiling ability, flexibility & responsiveness, specialist database & end-to-end proven process.
• Database of c12,000 candidates & established client base.
• 10 years as a profitable organically grown business with recurring contract revenue.